Three Championships. Two Rounds. One Epic Event.
FINA World Championships will kick off with the qualifying round for both FINA Speed and FINA Endurance athletes. All athletes that complete the qualifying course in either event, will advance to the final round, the Round of Champions where one Athlete per age group will be crowned the FINA All-Around Champion.
- Any athlete that completed a FINA Speed course throughout the season, or has accrued 21 points or more throughout the season will compete in the FINA Speed qualifying course at World Championships.
- The FINA Speed qualifying round will be an 8-obstacle course designed for speed. Athletes will need to move through the course efficiently, to beat the clock and move on to the Round of Champions.
- All athletes that successfully complete the FINA Speed course within the allowed time, will move on to the Round of Champions.
- The athlete that completes the FINA Speed course in the fastest time will be crowned the FINA Speed Champion.
- Any athlete that completed a FINA Endurance course throughout the season, or has accrued 31 points or more throughout the season will compete in the FINA Endurance qualifying course at World Championships.
- The FINA Endurance qualifying round will be a 12-obstacle course designed to push an athlete to dig deep as they work their way through a grueling upper-body test.
- All athletes that successfully complete the FINA Endurance course successfully, will move on to the Round of Champions.
- The athlete that completes the FINA Endurance course with the most time left on the clock will be crowned the FINA Endurance Champion.
Round of Champions
- All athletes that successfully complete either the FINA Speed or FINA Endurance course in the World Championships Qualifying round, will advance to the Round of Champions in a bracket-style, single elimination event for a chance to be crowned FINA All-Around Champion.
- These athletes will compete in a Head-to-Head event racing side-by-side through a 10-obstacle course that will take a perfect combination of speed and endurance to complete. The winner for each head to head race will move on to the next round, until only one athlete remains…That athlete will be declared FINA All-Around Champion.